Hello, learning the English language is challenging. On this website Learn English ABC and the videos posted on YouTube we want it be fun to learn English. This website is designed for students who have some English knowledge. We do not start at preschool, we start at 3rd grade to 1st year of college. This for each student to be able to learn at there own pace.
Having many friends from other countries and tutoring some to improve their English is why this website was created. Please note for the time being we will start at the third-grade level. This is because we think it is best you the English learner has received instructions to learn the very basics of the English Language. (ABC…, and basic communication English language skills.)
Being a certified as a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) I found that while teaching there is not a perfect plan to teach people English. Yes, there are lots of books to support English as a Second Language. However, when you are teaching adults from multiple language backgrounds plus personal schedules the challenge becomes even greater.
Books on this website go from easy to difficult. Difficult books are for students who are going to take the TOFEL or IBEC test to be accepted into a foreign college or university. Therefore, we have included over 100 books grades starting at K2-5 that will get you started in improving your English language skills. In addition, there are over 50 books to improve your English to the 9th grade level and over 100 more books from 9th – 12th grade. All of these books on “Learn English ABC” is to help in your vocabulary growth and to improve your reading ability. Speaking is another course and we will present videos to help you.
Book titles, grade level, difficulty level, and short description are included to help you decide as to where you should start. Books grade level ratings are as follows; K2-5, 3 -5, 4-7, 5-7, 6-8, 6-12, 7-12, 8-12, 9-12. There is also a reading difficulty level rating system G through Z+ where G is the easiest and Z+ is the most difficult. There is also N/A (not available) which means we could not find a rating.
I’ll share a story, while I was learning the Thai language I translated a 3rd grade reading book from Thai to English. This took about a month to translate this book into a vocabulary word list. Then my tutor corrected my list if anything was missed spelled. Yes, it is recommended you find someone to review your vocabulary list should you decide to translate a story. (Personally, the learning was a great exercise.)
· We learn our first language from our parents and possible our second. Most people on their second language learn in a classroom or with a private tutor. The do it yourself people use the Internet or go to a new country and use immersion.
· Growing up with our families we learn through repetition. By the time we are six-years-old we have about 2,600 words in our vocabulary. By the time we are 12 our vocabulary has grown to 50,000 words we understand. https://www.superduperinc.com/handouts/pdf/149_VocabularyDevelopment.pdf
· In the classroom we can study a language for years and become very good.
· Learning language by embracing immersion you will need other people. You cannot sit and study a dictionary at home or study vocabulary words. Immersion requires being in the country and learning the language you want to learn. You need help from the locals.
· Using the Internet there are numerous locations to learn almost any language. Our website provides a word list of over 2,000 words. Grammar you need to know and understand in English. Plus, videos for you to understand verbs, simple past, past participle, adverbs, nouns, pronouns, adjectives, prepositions, conjunctions, interjections, songs and links to more songs.
· These links below are for quick reviews for the rules in English.
· The main goal is for you to improve your vocabulary along with videos to help support the objectives.
· Google phones and i Phones can tell jokes these are all G-rated and a good way to listen and hear English.
· For those who are studying TOEFL or IBEC I suggest reading travel stories. These stories are pleasant to read and they offer additional vocabulary words you do not often hear in day to day conversations.
This website is divided into sections on how we learn English.
Please watch these videos because this is how we get paid. Thanks, 😊